- What kind of lawyers are we? We are advocates, problem preventers and problem solvers.
- A lawyer should add value to her community by solving people's problems in appropriate ways. We recognize that high-quality representation is essential; however, our services must also be cost-effective and provide value to clients. We work closely with our clients to identify options, opportunities and strategies that are beneficial to our clients.
- A former Supreme Court justice summed up well the philosophy of practicing law when he remarked: "There is a time to take a stand and a time to find a way. Good lawyering is knowing the difference." We aspire to be that kind of lawyers.
- In our opinion, a lawyer's role is to honestly advise the client of the risks involved in a transaction, and there are usually some, so that the client can determine if those risks are worth taking.
- We stress honest advice. We know that it can be very easy to tell the client what he or she wants to hear, but unless advice is honest, the client will not receive his money's worth for our services.
- We like to understand the business issues involved as well as possible. If we do not have a relevant understanding of the business and economic issues, a document or agreement that we draft may not meet the client's needs.
- We always consult a technical staff member if we are involved in negotiations. We need to know how a product or service will be used and its functional importance to our client's business to negotiate a good agreement.
- Our goal in every agreement we draft is that it states clearly exactly what the deal is. A third party not involved in the negotiations should be able to read the agreement and know what is intended. Clients sometimes want on occasion to leave an ambiguity in an agreement if they feel that the ambiguity will ultimately be interpreted in his favor. However, the costs of obtaining a clarification may be substantial.
- We want our client to know that his case is the firm's most important case, and that every client deserves our diligent attention, compassion and excellence.
- We strive to communicate with our clients. We strive to return all phone calls on the same day. We strive to keep the client informed about his or her case and to involve that client in the strategic and negotiation stages of the case.
Call our firm at 800-639-7671 to arrange a confidential consultation with an experienced attorney. Or, if you prefer, complete the online form. With offices in Brunswick County and Myrtle Beach, we serve clients in both North and South Carolina.