Watts Law Group | Attorneys At Law
Toll Free
Call Now To Schedule a Consultation

Resolving Issues Concerning Homeowners Associations

At the law firm of Watts Law Group PLLC, we provide comprehensive representation to homeowners/property and condominium owners associations (HOAs and COAs) as well as individual property owners in North Carolina and South Carolina. We represent numerous HOAs throughout the area, including more than 100 in Brunswick County alone. Our extensive experience on both sides of these cases puts us in a strong position to provide much more effective representation to every client we serve.

What Type Of Issue Is Your Association Facing?

Our Brunswick County homeowners/property association attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of HOA and COA matters. From the drafting and amendment of declarations to resolving disputes with a property owner, we have the experience and the ability to handle the associations’ legal issues with efficiency and professionalism, experience resulting from representation of over 50 homeowner/property owners’ associations.

Among the services we provide to HOAs and COAs are the following:

  • Formation and termination of an association
  • Drafting declarations (also referred to as covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC & Rs), bylaws or restrictive covenants) and interpretation of the documents
  • Drafting supplemental amendments to declarations
  • Filing claims of lien against property owners
  • Handling disputes with property owners
  • Representation in disputes against municipalities
  • Securing building permits
  • Insurance issues
  • Certifying member votes
  • Condominium association formation
  • Associations formed pursuant to Chapter 47F of the North Carolina General Statutes
  • Condominiums or town home associations formed pursuant to Chapter 47A of the North Carolina General Statutes
  • Condominium associations formed pursuant to 47C of the North Carolina General Statutes
  • Representation for declarant/developer/builder
  • Filing for foreclosure on behalf of the association for unpaid assessments
  • Representation of an Association or Declarant to resolve different
    types of issues: Assessments, Fines, Pets, Parking Violations,
    Property disputes over architectural modifications to the home, and
    other violations of the Association’s Declaration or Bylaws

Talk To A Knowledgeable Lawyer Today

Contact our office today to learn more about our homeowners and condominium association services and what we can do to help you resolve your case. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment during the evening. You can reach us by phone at 910-250-9346, toll free at 800-639-7671 or via email to schedule your initial consultation.